Top 10 Kids’ Rooms Make Over IdeasFebruary 10, 2016
The Hidden Costs of Cheap EstimatesFebruary 12, 2016
- You know your child’s interests, but ask them to help create the theme. Want some ideas? Start here: Top 10 Children’s Room Themes. What’s your child’s favorite animal, colors, or team? Want a more subtle theme? Try basing the theme around carpets or fabrics. Maybe use favorite pillows or blanket as ideas. This should be a team effort, so work with your child and have fun!
- Changing the colors on the walls makes a huge difference, but often room make overs include the furniture, too. Will you be refurbishing the existing bed, dresser, desk, etc? Are you considering adding custom designed built-in bunk beds, whimsical wardrobes, or other customized furniture? These elements can bring a room make over to the next level.
- Don’t forget the ceiling! Bedroom ceilings are prime real estate. Children are natural dreamers. Imagine your child laying in bed, looking up at the solar system or the underbelly of a sea turtle! Pay attention to that ceiling and you’re well on your way to Parent of the Year!
- Once you have a game plan, it’s important to put together a budget for this project. Unless you’ve got the time and knowledge to do it all on your own, you may need the assistance of some pros. You might bring in carpenters, painters, and maybe even electricians. So once you have your theme, write up a budget so that you can stay in control of the project.
- Finally, don’t bite off more than you can chew. Make overs are meant to be fun, so don’t get overwhelmed. Seeking the assistance of a designer can help you manage the process. These people are walking Wikipedias of design ideas. Why not capitalize on all their knowledge? Designers can create drawings for custom cabinets, provide you awesome furniture ideas, and otherwise help you take your theme and turn it into a room your child will love. Some designers will only help with design and will leave the heavy lifting to the homeowner. Luckily for you, the team at Luxbrush can handle the design as well as the labor. If your project requires other trades, we can even facilitate the subcontracting process so you don’t need to spend your time tracking down electricians or others.