Certifications and Awards
Training and Education
Our Employees and Training Programs set us apart from our competition
Our craftspeople attend weekly classes to learn the complete trade of painting. Most people have heard of apprenticeship programs such as the electrical and plumbing programs often required by the state. At Luxbrush, we have adopted a voluntary version of apprenticeship and demand excellence of all our employees. From the upper-most management to the entry level craftsperson, we believe continuing education is the only way to guarantee long-term success in this business. The nationally accredited training program is available through the statewide Vermont Construction Careers Council (VC3).
What is the Professional Trade Association of Painting Contractors?
The Painting and Decorating Contractors of America, PDCA, has been in existence since 1884 and has over 3200 members all over the country and Canada. The mission of the association is to provide educational opportunities in areas such as safety, business, management and technical procedures for its members and raise the level of professionalism in our trade.
What does the Residential Certification seal stand for? Luxbrush is the first painting contractor in Vermont to acquire Residential Certification through the PDCA. The voluntary certification program for the Residential Contractor is a rigorous process of evaluating our business for management, legal, insurance, financial, safety and craft procedures against the standards of the industry. Once the lengthy review process is completed, the business owner takes a comprehensive exam. Upon successful completion of the exam, the contractor becomes certified. Luxbrush Painting Co., Inc. is Certified Residential Contractor #54 in the United States.
Certifications, Awards, and Associations
- PDCA Certified Residential Contractor #54
- Scaffold Industry Association- Primary Access Training For Frame Scaffolding Cert.#2110
- Vermont Department of Health- Lead Essential Maintenance Practices Cert.#8587
- American Red Cross- Adult CPR and Basic First Aid
- Certified Wolman Contractor- Wolman Wood Care Products
- Advance Repair Technology- Certificate of Completion in Wood Repair
- National Center for Construction Education and Research- Painting Instructor
- Member Painting and Decorating Contractors of America (PDCA) – Since 2000
- Member Society for Protective Coatings (SSPC)
- Member PDCA Residential Council
- Vermont State Painting Contractor of the Year 2001- Green Mountain Chapter PDCA
- National PDCA Bronze Safety Award 2003- For Excellence in Safety on the Job
- Green Mountain Chapter PDCA- Chapter President 2002
- New England Council PDCA- Council 2nd Vice President 2003